Summary and Core competencies
Since graduating with a Masters degree in Design and Multimedia Integration, I worked as software developer for 8 years including 3 years focused on Serious Gaming, User Experience & Data Visualization. I am equally at home on production, on conception as well on project management workflows and can work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team. My dedication to quality and unity make me a reliable and mindful partner with a commitment to satisfy both collaborators and clients. I am looking for a challenging position where I can multitask, have fun and work hard.
"Game thinking" design
Storyboards, use cases, personas
SQL requests, data structure & schemas
OOP and design patterns
Experienced with Open-Source libraries
PureMVC, Pixlib, Robotlegs (AS)
awe6, OpenFL (Haxe)
jQuery, CreateJS, Backbone, RequireJS, Kendo dataviz (JS)
Experienced with unit testing
[2010-2013] Freelance Creative Technologist, Elimak (Leiden, The Netherlands)
Conception of online communication strategies, technical consultancy and front-end development, including mobile prototyping for Dutch and international clients: UNESCO, The World Bank, Erasmus University Medical Center, Lequest, Rijksmuseum van Oudheden, Edenspiekermann, Eneco, InfoFilm, Stalingrad, Falk'n Sun's, Entefy Inc., IjsFontein, NoProtocol.
- Conception and analysis for online communications and data-visualization
- Execution of interactive applications, including production of appropriate documentation: wireframes, functional design, flowcharts, personas, use cases, etc.
- Project management and planning including responsibility of timeframes, milestones and budgets
- Project tracking and web analytics
- Data-visualization and data-set management: pre-processing, validation and formatting
- Mobile, touch screen and web application prototypes and development with an emphasis on usability and participatory design
- Multilingual front-end development for web and Facebook applications
- Serious games, simulator and e-learning applications
- Online campaigns and trans-media communications
- Mobile application prototyping
- Lectures and workshops at Mediamatic, cultural institution based in Amsterdam
- Analysis for improving the user engagement on a data-accuracy tool (World Bank)
- "Storytelling with data", Paris 2013
- Conception, project management and communication on the project submitted for the competition: mashup between data-visualization and game interface
- Contribution to open source initiative and community (awe6, Silex-Labs)
- Co-management of a monthly meetup on data-visualization in Leiden
[2009-2010] Game Developer, Virtual Fairground (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Virtual Fairground was a Dutch game company specialized in virtual worlds and simulation games. I lead the development of a business simulation game for Deloitte and participated of the core development of a Club Galactik Football, a massively multiplayer online game deployed in 5 languages: English, Spanish, French, Dutch and German.
- Technical leadership including responsibility for deliverables.
- ActionScript and Flex programming including specific developments to manage localisations and users privacy (some users were under to parental control)
- Prototype and research of modular architecture on "Club Galactik Football"
[2006-2009] ActionScript Developer, Rhinocreations and Kega (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Rhinocreations and Kega are two online advertising agencies that create online campaigns, websites, web applications, evenemential games and webshops. My role, in both companies consisted on leading and developing Flash projects. I also actively participated in all brainstorm and evaluation exercises throughout the entire lifecycle of online products and services.
- Developer lead on Flash projects
- Mentoring junior developer
- Development of internal resources: templates and automation tools
- Collaboration on the conception and design phases (brainstorm and evaluation meetings)
Awards & Nominations
 Dutch eLearning Award  Nomination at the Games for Health Europe Award
For an innovative simulator to train medical personnel on emergency procedures commissioned by the University Medical Center Erasmus and realized by IjsFontein.I was in charge of the first prototypes and co-developed the beta release.
 "Honorable Mention", Apps for development, The World Bank (Washington DC)
I submitted a proof of concept application aiming to combine data-visualization with a game style interface which was assisted by Loes Vrielink, a skilled visual designer. This project was rewarded with 14 other finalists from a large submission pool with entrants from across the globe.
 Nomination at the Spinawards for De Slimste Belegger (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
"De slimstes Belegger" was a trans-media campaign and a contest to promote stakeholder management, commissioned by the Dutch bank: ABM AMRO. The project was realized by Rhinocreations & Clockwork. I was responsible for the development of the final website that disseminated editorial and interactive content for the contest and live streaming of the event.
 Bronze Esprix - Jetix Game (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
The Jetix game was commissioned by a DuTV Channel, and produced by Kega.
I worked on the project with 3 others people. My role was to program the client-side of the game.
[2003-2005] Master Degree "Management for Design and Multimedia Integration", Université Lumiere (Lyon, France)
- Project management, laws of multimedia, communication and marketing
- Graphic art and design, motion, 3D and audio production
[1996-1999] 3 years technical degree in "Assistant of Industrial Creation", Université Lumiere (Lyon, France)
Also known as "Industrial Designer" or "Product Designer", the studies focus on analysing the market and creating competitive and innovative conception of products with a strong user-centered design.
Activities & Interests
[2004-2013] Digital arts, open data and new media festivals
Since 2004, I attended many events such as: FITC (Toronto, CA), FOTB & Reasons to be Creative (Brighton, UK), Flash Game Summit (San Francisco, US), Haxe Conference (Paris, FR), Fiber Audiovisual Festival, PICNIC, SPARK, Open Data for Development & Perfect Storm Europe (Amsterdam, NL), STRP (Eindhoven, NL).
[1996-1999] Sports and wellness
Include running, cycling, practising yoga & meditation.
[1996-1999] Music and films
I produce and promote digital music through social networks & my own database (viralelektro.com). Cinephile, I was involved in the organisation of the “Short Film Festival” of Leiden in 2011.